Sunday, September 14, 2003

Orange County Entertainment

Orange County Entertainment

An in depth look at the master of Entertainment in the infamous Orange County

Brea, CA (PRWEB) March 18, 2006

When we think of Orange County, California the first thing that comes

To mind is the sun cascading across the ocean with groups of half-naked

Women frolicking around the waters edge. And since the over-exposure of

The hit show “The OC,” a growing perspective of the plastic bubble

Continues to grow.

Within the walls of this prosperous county spring some

Of the world’s most talented people. From the corporate leaders to the

Gold diggers, this place has the best of the best. One of those people

That has been mentioned time-and-time again is Derek Jaeger. Known too

Many as “D$” he has been on the forefront of what’s hot for some time.

We headed south from Los Angeles, California to Newport Beach to meet

Up with this over-accomplished 30 year old for some good laughs and

Straight-up industry talk. Arriving exactly at 1:00pm as schedule, Derek

Gracefully greeted us with the “what’s up,” that is so often shared as a

Greeting between close friends. Without too much small talk, the

Conversation quickly moved to business, as Mr. Jaeger led us with the “cut to

The chase” gesture that a busy business man is a natural at doing.

Young “What projects do you have on your plate?”

Jaeger “After an hour real estate prospecting, I dealt with the final

Production of our

Eighth movie title “The Real OC III.” Then charged right into some new 

Pimpit and Code of Silence designs. From there I established a new

China contractor to build our board shorts from the new specs that we

Provided. I jammed over to our web division to update our current website

Layout for Pimpit. com, took some calls in-between, and flew over here to

Rock this interview.”

Young “It sounds like you are a busy guy. Do you have anytime for

Personal stuff?

Jaeger “Everything is personal. I love what I do. As for things outside

Of the  Empire, I’m at the gym every morning, I make a bomb

Breakfast, and if the waves are on, I take the time to surf. If I know

The swell is coming in, I make sure to rotate my schedule around

Surfing.” My health comes first, then family, surfing, work, and then

Friends.

Young “It’s been hard for us to get this interview with you, it seems

Like you are always traveling?”

Jaeger I get out of town a few times a month. My travel is business

Mixed with pleasure. I haven’t had a vacation for years. I feel like that

Would be a waste of time. I like to network and market my projects

While I enjoy the waves of Hawaii or some other location. I always cruise

With a video camera ready to shoot something going down. The few times

I’ve left the camera at my hotel or in my rental car there is always a

Fight or some freak doing something crazy.

Young “Where have you traveled lately?”

Jaeger I’ve been in Las Vegas a lot for tradeshows, and did a wild

Asian adventure to Hong Kong, China, and Japan few months back. I head out

To Hawaii next month and back to Asia this summer. I am looking forward

To hitting Bali up on my next overseas experience. There are some wild

Things to shoot in China, so I have a documentary script written and I

Will probably shoot that in the fall.

Young “How did you get involved with the entertainment industry?”

Jaeger “When I was 10 years old I started surfing and always wanted to

Get video shot of me when I was ripping the waves. Back then the camera

Required VCR’s to be connected to them to work. Years later a more

Compact version came out and there was always someone shooting the line-up.

So in order to get footage of myself I needed to get up on a video

Camera. I bought one when I was 15 and started shooting everything but

Surfing. I would take it on snowboard trips or down to the ghetto and get

Random drunks’ fist fighting or shooting up. I new the lifestyle footage

I was getting was unique so I continued to channel my potential into

Getting the content that was intriguing. Eventually, I built up a caliber

Of tapes but no way to put them together into a moving script. I knew

At the point that I would need to learn to edit or find someone with the

Skills to piece these moments in time together. Then I graduated high

School and headed to San Diego State for College. I never stopped

Filming, but I broadened my perspectives and starting shooting house parties

And other events that surrounded themselves with attractive girls doing

Wild things. At the same time I had been working in the Surf, Skate,

Snow industry for a Japanese corporation as a buyer for 500 stores. I

Built some great networking and became a VIP at every party in Southern

California. The camera went to these events and I began to groom the

Footage and focus on the better shots with the right lighting and sound. I

Had some great roommates and our house was the bachelor pad of SDSU. We

Through erotica parties and other sleazy invite only gigs for the sole

Purpose of getting laid. I was there to capture every moment. Through

My previous connections in the extreme sports industry, and extensive

Appearances at the big club nights, I formed my own online retail company

To open up the lifestyle of what I was experiencing day-to-day. I

Called this empire Pimpit. com and gave our customers the clothing attire

They could never find outside of the core boutiques with a complete feel.

We incorporated the parties, girls, and good times with our

Trendsetting gear and took on a new giant. Meanwhile I continued to shoot video

And started to supply half of the Hollywood celebrities with their

Clothing attire. With our website being introduced in 1997, the early stages

Of the internet, we took this niche market and have owned it ever

Since. In 2003, I hired a kid at Pimpit. com as a street team member and

Found out he was a video editor. Next thing I know, the two of us are

Blasting out my party footage into full length lifestyle movies. 3 years

Into it, I formed Cartel Entertainment, I have 4 title series, and my 9th

Title in the final stages of production

Young “What is next for Pimpit. com and Cartel Entertainment?”

Jaeger “Pimpit. com is off the chain and growing by leaps and bounds.

It’s like an infant child being bottle fed steroids. I can see the

Strength of my brands and marketing grow with muscle everyday. Cartel

Entertainment will continue to put out the only lifestyle movies in the

Marketplace with unique content and straight up entertainment for the ADD

Generation.

Young “Where can we see Pimpit and Cartel over the next year?”

Jaeger “Flip on MTV and you will see a slew of celebrities wearing the

Pimpit gear. Shows such as Viva La Bam, Wildboyz, Punk’d, Next, True

Life, TRL, and mainstream shows such as Trick My Truck, CSI, Lost, 24,

And some others. I love seeing rock stars with the Pimpit and Code of

Silence clothing. Tommy Lee has been a true fan for years, and will

Continue to sport our brands. Cartel will be doing a reality show on Pimpit,

Called “Empire.” This will be along the lines of Inked and Dog the

Bounty Hunter. You can see the action that my daily life brings. I really

Look forward to doing this series this summer.

Young “Any last things you want include?”

Jaeger Be sure to check my DVD series The Real OC, SpringBreakDown,

Partylife, and Badgirl Brawls. These are the titles that will keep your

Jaw dropping and adrenaline flowing from start to finish. Solid music,

Strong eye candy, and a non-stop adventure when you watch these flicks.”

Young “Good luck, and we will see you on the big screen.”

Jaeger “Thank you. I look forward to giving the viewers what they have

Been waiting to see.”

###