AP9 Connections Ranks Top 10 Celebrity Stories of 2005
AP9 Connections, from Adaptive Marketing LLC, offers great deals on movies, DVDs, music and other entertainment.
Stamford, CN (PRWEB) December 8, 2005
It’s been said that there’s no such thing as bad publicity, notes AP9 Connections (http://www. connections-program. com/), a leading entertainment discount program offered by Adaptive Marketing LLC. But with the explosion in alternative media outlets and the rise of celebrity tracking to the level of a national sport, AP9 Connections speculates that 2005 may mark the beginning of the end for that cliché. Whether it was in a court of law or the court of public opinion, dozens of celebrities, A-list or otherwise, found themselves in the media glare, and not all of them emerged unscathed.
AP9 Connections offers its own list of the top ten celebrity stories of the year, in ascending order:
10. You Had Me at Hello; Now Let’s Try Goodbye. Kenny Chesney and Renee Zellweger were married in a secret, beachside ceremony in May, then had their marriage annulled four months later.
9. I’m Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman, but a Mommy All the Same. Britney Spears gave birth to a baby boy on September 14, overshadowing the release of her new fragrance, Fantasy Britney Spears, which the singer describes as a blend of “enchanting scents and flavors” with “a hint of cupcakes.”
8. Bennifer II: The Sequel. Ben Affleck found longer-lasting love -- and a lot more privacy -- with a new Jennifer (Garner), whom he wed in late June. On December 1, 2005, the happy couple gave birth to their first child -- a girl!
7. Something Old(er), Something New(er). Demi Moore, 42, and Ashton Kutcher, 27, married in a Hollywood home in late September. It is her third marriage, his first.
6. Freedom is a Good Thing. Martha Stewart got out of prison in March after serving five months for lying to the government about a stock sale. The news wasn’t all good after her release: NBC didn’t pick up a second season of Martha’s version of The Apprentice.
5. Don’t Do the Crime If You Can’t Do the Time. Robert Blake was acquitted in March of charges that he murdered his wife. After the verdict, Blake, who starred in the 1970s TV show Barretta but has done little of note since, quipped, “You’re innocent until proven broke.”
4. I'm Starting With The Man In The Mirror. Michael Jackson was found not guilty of child molestation charges in June. Since his acquittal, he’s spent most of his time overseas.
3. Life Imitates Rumors. After denying reports of marital discord for over a year, Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey announced their separation in November.
2. Mr. & Mrs. Smith & Friends. Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston filed for divorce in March amid speculation that Pitt and Angelina Jolie, his co-star in Mr. & Mrs. Smith, were an item. It looks like Jen has been Derailed this year by a new love affair of her own with co-star Vince Vaughn.
1. Cruise Control? When you’re in love, what else can you do but jump up and down for joy on Oprah’s couch? Tom Cruise did in May. He then proposed to the target of his affections, Katie Holmes, on the Eiffel Tower in June. They’re now on the fast track to parenthood, with a wee one due in 2006. AP9 Connections considers that whirlwind!
And the one celeb you’ll never hear AP9 Connections mention? The ultra-rich, over-publicized first daughter of the Hilton Hotels empire. We simply don’t care what she wears, who she engages (and dis-engages) or where she parties. ’Nuf said.
AP9 Connections members can save money on the latest releases from their favorite performers by logging on to DealPass (http://www. dealpass. com/) to purchase discounted gift cards to a wide range of entertainment outlets. AP9 Connections also offers savings on restaurant dining, movie tickets, theme park passes and more.
About AP9 Connections
AP9 Connections (http://www. connections-program. com/) is a leading membership discount program offered by Adaptive Marketing LLC (http://www. adaptivemarketing. com/). Headquartered in Stamford, Conn., Adaptive Marketing is a category leader in both membership and loyalty programs, bringing value direct to consumers through an array of benefits in healthcare, discounts, security, personal property and personals. Members may access their benefits at DealPass. com, an online portal for Adaptive Marketing membership programs. With broad online and offline distribution capabilities, Adaptive Marketing offers its corporate client partners effective tools to enhance market presence, strengthen customer affinity and generate additional value through programs, such as AP9 Connections (http://www. connections-program. com/ (http://www. connections-program. com/)).
# # #