Friday, March 11, 2005

Belize, The Gold Coast Awakes from a Tranquil Slumber as the "Rush" has Begun

Belize, The Gold Coast Awakes from a Tranquil Slumber as the "Rush" has Begun

As Americans and other Nations search for new havens in expectation of changes in the Economy in 2006, many are finding Belize to be just what the Doctor ordered. Or in this case the Savy Offshore Financial Consultant.

(PRWEB) February 1, 2006

For those who don't know, Belize is a young Country located on the Caribbean below the Yuccatan Peninsula of Mexico. It was British Honderas until September of 1981.

What makes Belize special I believe is the following. It's official language is english, It has Offshore Banking as good as anywhere in the world, The Barrier Reef begins at the north end of the Country and runs down along it's coast so, access to great diving is easy, Land prices are low and Land Ownership is secure, The People are very friendly and there is a very high literacy rate, It's only a two hour flight from Huston or Miami, and they've put a hieght limitation on construction of 44 feet to avoid ruining the atmosphere as many other places have done like Cacun Mexico or Costa Rica.

Some of the other things that I find interesting are the amazing varieties of plants, animals, and birds. They have many Mayan Ruins to be seen and many more being uncovered all the time. It's a great place to get certified as a diver and cost only about 350.00 US and can be done in as few as 3 days.

I've been coming here for a few years and moved here in 2004. I admit, more my traveling has been via the Travel Channel or talking to people who've been around. But I first came here as a Consultant on Development issues and fell in love with the place. It amazes me that for less than a house costs in the part of Los Angeles I'm from, here you can purchase an Island.

I'm living on an Island off the Coast Called Ambergris Caye in San Pedro Town. The Island itself is only 33 miles long and San Pedro's the only Township so far. I see the growth and want to be of any assistance I can to help that process not destroy what's so special here. This Countrys peoples are very special and I plan to be here a long time. So far I see many other conciencious type persons attracted here. Whether to relax, go on one of the many eco tours, or volunteering their time with one of the many groups here assisting in education, health, technology or bringing in goods and services or creating the needed jobs. Did I mention the food is awsome and there's no end to the variety? Also I find the music not inundated with only local cultural music. Cell phones and Internet are everywhere and the locals listen to a wide range. Even Country. Who'da thunk it?

I've been spending my time getting familiar with the people and learning whats going on with Real Estate, Offshore Banking and related services like IBC's and Merchant accounts, Job Markets, training and educational opportunities, Import and Export. When I'm not riding my bike around the Islands talking to people or doing my own research for starting my Consulting business, I'm often diving, snorkeling, or fishing. Some silly person has an SUV here but most people ride bikes or golf carts. Being in slow gear is a huge treat for me and I have to say, being "not important" is what I'm loving best.

I haven't gotten Island fever yet, even though, we don't have malls, movie theaters, starbucks, or Home Depots. I'm sure it's not for everyone much longer than a week or two but for me, it's great. My name is Jonathan Mullen and I'll be around town. Perhaps we'll run into each other if you make it down this way.

###