Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Television Personality Kathy Griffin Sues Elderly Neighbors

Television Personality Kathy Griffin Sues Elderly Neighbors

Kathy Griffin, star of Bravo's "My Life on the D-List", has sued her elderly neighbors for construction problems at her $2.85 million Hollywood Hills home.

Los Angeles, Calif. (PRWEB) April 24, 2006

Television personality and star of “My Life on the D-List”, Kathy Griffin, has sued her elderly neighbors for construction problems at her $2.85 million home Hollywood Hills. The home, named Wings, was featured in the February 2006 issue of W magazine. Ms. Griffin told W that Wings is “her A-list home.” Wings was also featured in the August 8, 2005 issue of In Touch magazine, and it has been used in many of Ms. Griffin’s television appearances.

Wings was built by 78-year-old Bernard Subkoski and his 71-year-old wife, Celeste Dickinson. The couple, who have been together for 46 years, purchased the property for Wings in the late 1990s. Mr. Subkoski, a retired Los Angeles City fireman, designed Wings himself. “Wings was my dream home,” said Mr. Subkoski, who is also a retired stage and movie actor. “I called it Wings because it looks like a bird in flight. It took me four years to build, and I spared no expense. My wife and I had planned this home for many years. Celeste has macular degeneration, and I broke my back. For health reasons, we had to sell it.”

“Wings broke Barne’s heart,” said Ms. Dickinson. “We still live across the street, and every day is a reminder to Barne that he couldn’t live in his dream house. This lawsuit really comes as a shock to us,” she continued, “because when we sold this house to Kathy, she agreed that any problems with the house would be handled through a private judge. At our age, and with our physical problems, a lawsuit is an incredible strain.”

“I was surprised by the lawsuit as well,” said Cynthia Coulter Mulvihill, the couple’s attorney. “I obtained a copy of Ms. Griffin’s case from the Internet this weekend and reviewed it. Even though I advised Ms. Griffin’s attorneys that my clients are not developers, her lawsuit is based on a 2004 California law that applies to people in the business of building homes (Civil Code §895 et. seq.). Furthermore, Ms. Griffin’s attorneys attached a copy of the agreement that required Ms. Griffin to use arbitration, so she must have known about using a private judge.”

Los Angeles Superior Court Case No.: BC351015

###