Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Baby Boomer Author Works Out Her Whatever! Issues at the Fitness Center

Baby Boomer Author Works Out Her Whatever! Issues at the Fitness Center

Author and baby boomer Beverly Mahone will hold a book signing at the gym where she works out.

Durham, NC (PRWEB) July 10, 2006

On Wednesday, July 12, Author Beverly Mahone will hold a book signing at Capital Fitness/Spa Health Clubs on Hillsborough Road in Durham, NC.

Beverly, the author of Whatever! A Baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age, is a regular at the fitness facility. In addition to signing books, she will also read excerpts from chapter one, in which she highlights some of her experiences with working out. Beverly says, "I do have those moments when being in the gym feels like working a second job with no rewards. In the first year, I didn't even lose one pound. As a matter of fact, I gained some weight. My trainer tried to keep me motivated by saying that I had gained muscle, under the rolls of fat, and muscle was heavier. You know what I replied? WHATEVER!"

Beverly's Hot Flash Survival Kits will also be available to the public for the first time.

Beverly says, "Capital Fitness/Spa Health Clubs has been very supportive of my book promotion efforts." The business sponsored her book release party in June and gave everyone who attended the event a free one week membership. The grand prize drawing was a free one year membership to the fitness center complete with a personal trainer. 

For more information on the book signing event, contact Publicist Pam Purifoy at 919-451-2620.

###